Zeppelin

Zeppelin

måndag 14 maj 2012

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue


I was browsing through my records and found what I wanted to listen to quite fast. Alice In Chain's comeback album "Black Gives Way To Blue" from 2009.
Alice In Chains is probably my favourite band from the whole Seattle scene in the beginning of the 90s. The one album I listen to the most from this era is the "Dirt" album.

A band that hasn't played together for ten years and where the singer, who was really influential, Layne Staley  has passed away during the hiatus, shouldn't really be able to make a new record with a new singer of this quality!

When I first heard the rumours of Alice In Chains being reformed with a new singer I was really sceptic but after watching their show at the Hultsfred festival in 2006 all my scepticism was swept away.

When I heard the news about a new record I still wasn't convinced that it was the right thing for AIC to do. But that was never necessary. I only had to hear the opening riff of the first single "A Looking In View" to just really look forward to the album. It really holds up to the old AIC material and although Layne Staley can never be replaced William DuVall really fits the music of AIC.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar