Zeppelin

Zeppelin

söndag 21 april 2013

Skogen Brinner - 1st

This might be the best record of 2013! I've been a fan of Skogen Brinner for quite some time now and I have the two releases prior to this debut album, a cassette EP and a 7" single. On these two releases there are five songs (six if you include the cover of Black Sabbath's "Electric Funeral") and four of these are also on the album, this means five new songs.

"1st", which is the name of the album, is packed with cool fuzzy riffs. Most of the songs would stsnd strong as single tracks and they tiw together really well to get that album feel.

I wrote about the cassette that it was the perfect combination of Black Sabbath and Pugh Rogefeldt (I've seen this beeing mentioned a lot in other reviews as well) and it's still a fitting description. One of the greatest bands of all time and one of my favourite Swedish musicians, "1st" couldn't be better!

I must also mention that this album is released on Subliminal Sounds, a label that always delivers incredible stuff!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar