Zeppelin

Zeppelin

söndag 15 april 2012

Creation Records

I found this post that should have been posted almost a year ago, but for some reason wasn't... Here it goes:
My favorite type of movies is probably music documentaries. I don't think I've had a better -movie-watching-experience than watching for example the Beatles anthology series or, more or less, any episode from VH1's Classic album series. Another example is "A Headbanger's Journey" about the history of metal music. The men behind that movie has recently been busy with a documentary about Rush. This documentary has been available for some time but I still haven't had the chance to watch it.



In June we see the release of a new Foo Fighters documentary as well, "Back And Forth". Lots to look forward too.



So what does this have to do with Creation Records, as the title says?



A new documentary about the legendary record label was released recently(?) titled "Upside Down: The Creation Records Story". This label has released A LOT of classic records within the indie rock genre. My favourite band from the label is probably My Bloody Valentine, and in addition to them there is so much quality there. You just have to take a quick look at the cover of the blu-ray and see that there are quite a few brilliant bands on the label (MBV is not even featured!). I ordered a copy of this from play.com today so it will hopefully end up in the mail some time next week, I can't wait!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar