Zeppelin

Zeppelin

söndag 12 februari 2012

First buys of 2012.

We're nearly one and a half month in to 2012 and yesterday I bought the first records released this year.

The first one is the debut record of Lana Del Rey, "Born To Die". I first heard of her when my friend Markus made a post about her in his blog some time ago. I remember listening to that song but after that I didn't pay much more attention to her. That is until a few weeks ago.

We have VH1 here at home and I was zapping through the channels and I ended up stopping on VH1, almost being mesmerized by this woman in the video. The music was dark and rhythmic and the voice of this woman was pure beauty and really got to me. The woman singing was really beautiful and looked a lot like the typical pop queen and I thought to myself; "do I have a new guilty pleasure"?

When the video was coming to an end and it was revealed that it was the song "Video Games" by Lana Del Rey, I instantly remembered Markus' post and I had to go back to his blog and double check if this was the same woman.

After listening to the album a couple of times I've realised I have nothing to feel guilty about. The record is really good and Markus mentioned David Lynch in one of his posts about Lana which I think is really fitting!

The other record I bought yesterday is from the Norwegian prog rock veterans Motorpsycho. This is a collaborarion with Ståle Storløkken (mostly known from the experimental jazz group Supersilent) and they deliver a solid prog rock album as always. I haven't had the chance to give it enough listens as a record of this calibre deserves so I will have to get back on that matter later.

I was also looking forward to picking up the last album by Mark Lanegan but it sold so good this week that we didn't have anymore copies. I'll have to wait a few days until I get it. The first single "The Grabedigger's Song" sounds extremely promising!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar